Region 3 Programs
Professional Partner Program
- Assists Youth/young adult between ages 3-25 years of age with a serious emotional disorder.
- Uses the wraparound process to assist families in building a team dedicated to provide flexible, non-traditional and unconditional care.
- Ensures that families have a voice and ownership in developing an accessible, individualized Support Plan.
- Receives referrals from families, schools, courts, HHS, county attorneys, and behavioral health providers.
- Program Contact: Jill Schubauer Extension 238
Professional Partner Program - CO-OP For Success
- Works with at-risk students in the Grand Island area who have a mental health and/or behavioral issue.
- Assists students to achieve meaningful employment.
- Develops a Support Plan and uses the wraparound process to help students achieve goals.
- Receives referrals from the Grand Island Public Schools and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Program Contact: Terri Keller Extension 228
Emergency Community Support Program (ERCS)
This short term program aims to assist transition age youth (ages 14 to 26 years) and adults who have recently experienced a mental health and/or addiction related crisis to achieve goals of stabilization, increased independence, and community integration. This program also assists individuals in Buffalo County jail or Phelps County jail who are struggling with mental health or addictions. The Emergency Community Support Coordinators provide on-going support and advocacy for 90 days to 120 days or as determined by individual need.
- Provides rental assistance for adults who are low income and experience a serious mental illness to obtain safe and decent housing at an affordable cost. Assistance is also available for utility payments, security and utility deposits and other housing related costs.
- Provides housing vouchers for a 12-month period with an annual cap of $6,000 per person to those who qualify.
- Assists people who are not capable of independent living without behavioral health services and supports in order to live successfully in the community.
- Develops an Individual Service Plan for consumers with a goal of independent living.
- Accepts referrals from behavioral health service providers.
- Program Contact: Regional Housing Program Coordinator Phone: (308) 237-5113 ext.243 or 1-800-321-4981
- Serves as an advocate and liaison to consumers who experience behavioral health challenges.
- Leads people toward wellness and recovery from mental illness, substance abuse, or problem gambling.
- Program Contact: Tammy Fiala Extension 235
Emergency System Coordination
- Ensures that behavioral health agencies are working together toward the same goals.
- Helps consumers transition between levels of care in the Behavioral Health System.
- Forms relationships with Behavioral Health agencies and Disaster Response agencies to respond appropriately in the event of a disaster.
- Program Contact: Beth Reynolds Extension 234
Youth System of Care Coordination
- Works closely with youth and families, service providers, community leaders, education and judicial representatives to foster collaboration among people and agencies.
- Employs core values and guiding principles to improve the design and delivery of services for children and adolescents with behavioral health disorders.
- Program Contact: Jill Schubauer Extension 238
- Assists in developing, implementing and evaluating behavioral health needs, goals and programs.
- Helps ensure that the behavioral health system operates in an effective and coordinated manner.
- Conducts annual unit audits and a programmatic review process for contracting providers within the Region 3 Network.
- Manages the Region 3 Network Directory.
- Program Contact: Melinda Farritor Extension 225
- Provides contract monitoring, tracking of outcomes and performance standards and fiscal and programmatic reviews of network providers to ensure effective and efficient use of public resources.
- Provides accounts payable and accounts receivable services.
- Coordinates Region 3 employee benefit packages and processes payroll.
- Program Contact: Randy McCall Extension 223
- Provides front desk coverage by greeting visitors and answering the phone.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Maintains the Region 3 library resources.
- Provides administrative support to Region 3 staff.
- Serves as contact to building manager.
- Program Contact: Tammy Burgeson Extension 253
Evaluation and Quality Management
- Works to achieve ongoing improvement and maintain quality services.
- Tracks outcomes and performance standards of network providers.
- Sends Satisfaction Questionnaires to participating families and compiles results to evaluate services.
- Program Contact: Ann Tvrdik Extension 255