4009 6th Avenue, Suite #65
Kearney, NE 68845
Questions, Comments, or Concerns Email (click on the link below) :
Our philosophy is built upon core values that call for services to be consumer centered, family focused, community-based, culturally competent, and cost efficient.
Region 3 Behavioral Health Services (Region 3) was organized on October 22, 1974 under the Interlocal Cooperation Act of the State of Nebraska. Region 3 was first created through the Nebraska Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services Act (LB 302, 1974) and then modified in 1977 through LB 204 that added substance abuse services to the responsibility of the Regions. In 2004 responsibilities were revised under LB 1083, the Nebraska Behavioral Health Services Act, which re-established the six Regional Behavioral Health Authorities (formerly Behavioral Health Regions). This Act sets forth the counties in each Region and establishes the authority and responsibilities of the Regions.
Region 3 is one of the six Regional Behavioral Health Authorities in Nebraska responsible for the coordination and delivery of behavioral health services within their respective geographic areas. Each Region is unique, yet all play an important role in the provision of behavioral health services across Nebraska. Nebraska is an extremely diverse state with diverse needs and resources to meet these needs. Regional Behavioral Health Authorities provide the avenue of local participation and local autonomy in the development and delivery of needed services.
What We Do
Region 3 is responsible for the development and coordination of publicly funded behavioral health services within its service area. Region 3:
- Determine standards for network providers
- Monitor provider enrollment
- Provide technical assistance
System Coordination is accomplished through a well planned strategic strengths-based/recovery- focused process that empowers individuals and communities to achieve positive outcomes. In order to accomplish this, Region 3 is responsible to
- Develop a coordinated and integrated behavioral health service delivery system
- Provide coordination of the following systems:
- Adult Behavioral Health Services System
- Consumer and Family Involvement and Inclusion
- Emergency Services System
- Prevention Services System
- Youth System of Care
Program Development and Management
- Assess the behavioral health service delivery system to identify needs, gaps and barriers
- Plan to ensure a balanced behavioral health system
- Develop strategies to effectively meet needs, fill gaps, overcome barriers and determine the effective and efficient use of resources
Evaluation and Quality Management
We take our stewardship of public funds seriously and to this end we work to
- Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of resources
- Ensure quality services that produce positive outcomes
- Track outcomes and performance standards of network providers
Fiscal Management and Accountability
- Maintain accountability of the public funds we administer
- Contract monitoring
- Provision of annual fiscal and programmatic audits/review of contract providers
- Advocating for youth, adults and families who experience behavioral health challenges
- Advocating for system improvements
Geographical Service Area
Region 3 serves 22 counties in Central and South Central Nebraska covering approximately 15,000 square miles with a population of approximately 223,000 which is approximately 13% of the state's population.
Counties we serve: Adams, Blaine, Buffalo, Clay, Custer, Franklin, Furnas, Garfield, Greeley, Hall, Hamilton, Harlan, Howard, Kearney, Loup, Merrick, Nuckolls, Phelps, Valley, Sherman, Webster and Wheeler.