JUSTICE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COORDINATOR
Region 3 Behavioral Health Services is seeking qualified applicants for a Justice Behavioral Health Coordinator position. Region 3 is one of the six Regional Behavioral Health Authorities in Nebraska responsible for the planning, developing, coordinating, funding, and monitoring the provision of mental health and substance use disorder treatment, rehabilitation, recovery, and prevention services across central and south central Nebraska.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Knowledge in the behavioral health field and current theories and practices regarding service development and delivery of emergency behavioral health services
- Skill in working effectively in team/group situations and ability to present ideas clearly and to build consensus
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and timing in handling situations of a sensitive and difficult nature
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in health and human services
- Promote services and activities designed to divert individuals experiencing a behavioral health disorder from the justice system.
- Collaborate with forensics, judicial, justice, and behavioral health systems and services.
- Explore strategies to better serve individuals with complex behavioral health needs who cycle in and out of the justice system.
- Support individuals, families, and stakeholders in understanding and connecting to various continuums of treatment and recovery options within our system.
- Build community awareness to decrease the use of corrections instead of behavioral health treatment increasing connections to community resources as a response to unmet behavioral health treatment needs in communities.
- Utilize a collaborative, cross systems measurable process to identify opportunities for intervention and community level behavioral health interventions and engagement.
Region 3 Behavioral Health Services is a family friendly organization, offering competitive salary and generous benefits package including paid employee health and dental insurance with partial paid family insurance coverage, retirement plan with six percent company contribution, four personal days per year, eight paid vacation days per year, eight paid holidays per year, twelve paid sick days per year, flexible scheduling, casual dress code, and partial remote work option. Persons of all colors, creeds, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested individuals should submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three professional references to: Tammy Burgeson, Region 3 Behavioral Health Services, PO Box 2555, Kearney NE, 68848. Application deadline is July 7, 2022. www.region3.net. EOE/AA