Region 3 Behavioral Health Services
"At a Glance"
Our mission is to foster recovery and resiliency for individuals and their families who experience a behavioral health challenge.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Region 3 Behavioral Health Services was created in 1974 by the Nebraska legislature
- Region 3 is a political subdivision of the State of Nebraska governed by a Regional Governing Board consisting of elected officials from 22 counties in Central and South Central Nebraska
- The Governing Board oversees the behavioral health system within the 22 counties assisted by the input of the Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
- The Region 3 Behavioral Health Advisory Committee brings together consumers, family members, providers, elected officials and interested individuals to assist in service planning, allocation of resources, and evaluation of system performance.
- Region 3 works closely with the NE Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Behavioral Health and the other five Regional Behavioral Health Authorities in the management and oversight of the NE Behavioral Health System.
Administration & Service Provision
- Region 3 contracts with a network of behavioral health providers to serve individuals who experience a behavioral health disorder
- Region 3 contracts with community coalitions to provide comprehensive prevention services throughout the region
- Region 3 directly provides individualized intensive case management services for youth and their families with multiple and complex needs through the:
Professional Partner Program serves youth and young adults who experience a behavioral health challenge.
Emergency Community Support serves transition age youth (age 14 to 26 years) and adults who have recently experienced a mental health and/or addition related crisis.
Prevention provides alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse prevention technical assistance, consultation and services.
Housing provides rental assistance to individuals who experience a serious mental illness and have extremely low income.